- Undergraduates can contribute meaningfully to research.
- Research experiences can help students decide to pursue graduate studies.
- Working with undergraduates can be a good way to identify talent and recruit graduate students. Some universities effectively use their undergraduate research programs to identify and recruit domestic graduate students.
- Graduate students can participate in mentoring undergraduates, enhancing their research productivity and providing them with valuable teaching and mentoring experiences.
- Providing undergraduate students with research experiences makes them more competitive for graduate admissions and fellowships, benefiting them and the reputation of your department.