There’s no single way that’s going to be effective for every student, but many scholars have created resources that might help:
- Critically Reading a Research Paper, CRA-W
- Reading, Writing, and Revising an Abstract, CRA-W
- How to Read an Engineering Research Paper, W. Griswold, UCSD
- Chicken Chicken Chicken: Chicken Chicken, Doug Zongker, UW
- The Science of Scientific Writing, G. Gopen and J. Swan, American Scientist, 1990.
- Writing Technical Articles, H. Schulzrinne, Columbia University.
- How to get your papers published, Matt Welsh, 2009.